- I have a new employee who will be using OmniView. How do I set up access?
All users defined in the Active Directory are pulled into OmniView during the first launch after the install. To assign specific access within OmniView itself, an Administrative user within OmniView should select the Gear icon. They can then flag either groups (preferred) or individual users with Admin, User, and/or Print permissions, as well as select which institutions each group or user may access.
- When users attempt to launch OmniView, they get a pop-up requiring user ID and PW. Is there a setting to bypass that?
Yes, this is controlled by the IE Internet Option settings. Make sure that your local OmniView site is listed as a trusted Intranet site within Security. In addition, under the same location in security, select custom settings, slide down to User Authentication, and within ‘Logon’, select the option for ‘Automatic logon with current user name and password’.
- What is the maximum number of matches a search will display?
1000 items maximum for item searches. For Admin User/Group views, all will be available, but page breaks occur for every 1000 entries.
- Do I need to create a user in OmniView?
It is created from the Active Directory. You will simply add permissions for the user inside the Administration settings of OmniView.
- How do I get a list of users for OmniView?
The Admin view (reached with the gear icon) includes a user activity report which can be printed or downloaded as a file.
- Can you search inside of a large Report?
The Text Box works for searching the content within a report as long as it has been set up as a text searchable PDF.
- Can we have two domains for OmniView?
Only one domain at a time.
- What version are we running?
Click on the “circle-i” icon in the upper right corner (see below) to display the version for Support.